A Blossom of pinkness for blossom. .

Saturday 29 January 2011

Protector

I wrote a post about mentorship and i said i would write a post about a Protector.

I will start by saying that i think a Protector would take the place of the Master whilst at an event or where a sub would need to be accompanied. Also it would have to be someone that a Master and/or sub would have complete trust in. To me this is an extremely important position especially if play is involved afterall a Master is putting the life of His sub in their hands.

But what does a sub do who doesnt have a Dom or Master they can call upon? Does the same amount of protection apply whether its online or real time? How far should a Protector protect? Also what if there is distance between them what actions can a Protector implement to protect the sub? or would there be any point in protecting someone who does not live in the same area, do they involve others in this?

I suppose there are lots of actions/steps to undertake this important role. Would the Protector have limitations, what if a sub doesnt agree to these, does the Protector just abandon the sub?

I realise i have actually asked more questions than given any answers or opinions with regard to actions that could be taken to protect a sub, e.g. presence, open and consistent communication, phone numbers etc.

I would really be interested in hearing from Doms or sub who have found themselves in this role in the past or are currently protecting a sub or being protected and what actions have been put in place.

blossom x

8 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts and questions. I've never been protected, nor protected anyone. What comes to mind when I think of a protector is a friend that you trust with your life who looks out for you. Someone you can give the details of a play date too, or ask to accompany you to a party, or when meeting someone you've never met before. I wonder, do you think the protector would need to be a Dom? Or could it be a sub? I guess the level and details of the protecting would really vary depending on what is needed, distance, relationship, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice

    Thank you for your comment, i have never been protected either but i must admit if i was to have one i would wish it to be a Dom especially in the event of play. With regard to a sub possibly taking on that type of roll i dont imagine too many would given whats involved but then i dont really know.

    blossom x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my thoughts on a Protector. About the only time I ever see this is as a relationship status on FetLife. One where a sub is under the protection of a Dom/Master. To me this sort of falls into the Mentoring aspect. A Dom agrees to take a sub under his protection and to help her and guide her. He isn't necessarily in a position to be her Dom or take her on himself. Mostly I think it is so she isn't alone in her search for a partner. He can help her weed through the maze of all those hitting on her all the time. He can help spot those that are true in their endeavors and deserve a second look, versus those that she needs to totally avoid. It's like having a big brother, so to speak. Many times a sub will tell all those that wish to contact her that they need to go through, and first contact the Dom. He will then decide who gets past the door.

    This is sort of my view in a nutshell. I hope it explains what I was trying to say.

    DV

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking of this a little myself recently and may expand more on my blog soon.

    In the meantime I think that DV has identified the circumstances in which it may often be used.

    I think though that Alice's point is interesting that perhaps a protector does not need to be a Dom. In certain circumstances another sub friend might be quite appropriate.

    I think too blossom that it can sometimes be from a distance - that it is not necessarily a "physical" protection.

    Also it may be that the protection of the sub may be from herself!

    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello DV

    You have put it into a nutshell, as You can see i asked more questions than giving my thoughts on the role..lol

    blossom xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello P

    I never thought a sub could undertake the role of Protector i always thought it would be a Dom who would have this important role given what DV said about weeding out potential Doms would they have a problem going through a sub in such circumstances!!!!..lol

    blossom xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I doubt the sub would announce herself as such in the kind of conversations you describe! Perhaps you are right - but I know other subs can be good mentors as they understand better from the sub point of view. I was just wondering whether this support could go as far as protection. After all most subs are actually very strong.

    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. David has written a very well thought out description of the role of a protector on my "Kind Dom" blog here.

    P xx

    ReplyDelete