A Blossom of pinkness for blossom. .

Monday 3 January 2011

Poem

WHEN WE TWO PARTED
by: George Gordon (Lord) Byron (1788-1824)
      HEN we two parted
      In silence and tears,
      Half broken-hearted
      To sever for years,
      Pale grew thy cheek and cold,
      Colder thy kiss;
      Truly that hour foretold
      Sorrow to this.
       
      The dew of the morning
      Sunk chill on my brow--
      It felt like the warning
      Of what I feel now.
      Thy vows are all broken,
      And light is thy fame:
      I hear thy name spoken,
      And share in its shame.
       
      They name thee before me,
      A knell to mine ear;
      A shudder comes o'er me--
      Why wert thou so dear?
      They know not I knew thee,
      Who knew thee too well:
      Lond, long shall I rue thee,
      Too deeply to tell.
       
      I secret we met--
      I silence I grieve,
      That thy heart could forget,
      Thy spirit deceive.
      If I should meet thee
      After long years,
      How should I greet thee?
      With silence and tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment