This is ones first time taking part in this...smiles...am all biz actually getting involved in it don't know why one didn't do this earlier...smiles... Many thanks to Jz for all the help in getting ready for this...smiles
Anyhhhooooo this is girl's tuppence worth...smiles
Ginger, pecan and rum chocolate brownies
Cooking time: 25 mins
250g/9oz plain chocolate, minimum 70 per cent cocas solids, broken into pieces
5 Free Range eggs
350g/12oz dark muscovado sugar
1-2 tablespoons of rum (optional)
150g/5 and half ozs plain flour, sifted
125g4 and half ozs pecan nuts roughly chopped
4 x 2.5 cm/1in pieces stem ginger (stem ginger in a jar), chopped
icing sugar, sifted for dusting (again optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. Line a 30cm x 20cm/12 in x 8 in deep sided cake tin with greaseproof paper
2. Bring a little water to the boil in the pan, then reduce the heat until the water is simmering, set a heatproof bowl over the water (but don't let the base of the bowl touch the water) Add in the chocolate piece and butter to the bowl and stir until they are melted and glossy. Remove bowl from the heat and set aside to cool
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar using an electric whisk until pale, fluffy and thick.
4. Add the melted chocolate mixture and rum(if you wish to use it) whisk until smooth and well combined.
5. Carefully fold in the flour (use a metal spoon for this). Add the chopped pecan nuts and stem ginger and fold into the mixture, then pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin.
6. Put into the oven and bake for 20-25 mins or until the top is firm to the touch but a skewer inserted into the centre of the brownies comes out slightly sticky. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly in the tin.
7. When the brownies have cooled slightly, cut them into 18-20 squares and carefully remove them from the tin, pile onto a place and dust with the icing sugar if required.
serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh cream whilst still warm
Hope you give this a go and enjoy!!!....smiles
Here are others who have joined in this year pay their site a visit and see what delicious recipes they have shared with us...smiles: